PSE : PETROLEUM STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING®
INTEGRATED STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN SOFTWARE
FOR OFFSHORE AND ONSHORE STRUCTURES ACCORDING TO THE API 4F (4th EDITION)
INTEGRATED STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS, DESIGN AND EVALUATION OF OFFSHORE/ONSHORE STRUCTURES ACCORDING TO THE API 4F (4th EDITION).
The Petroleum Structural Engineering® software is a technology built on a powerful user-friendly interface offering comprehensive analysis options and intuitive modeling features.
The advanced structural analysis of the PSE software allows the engineer to achieve specialized analyses crucial to offshore and onshore projects related to the oil and gas industry.
The Petroleum Structural Engineering® software is a technology allowing the user to verify, design and optimize the steel members of drilling structures.
•Design of steel sections or composite steel-concrete sections
•Standard CISC, AISC or European sections or parametric section shapes (over 25 shapes available).
•All parameters required to calculate the resistance of the elements such as unbraced length, buckling lengths, buckling factors and others can be customized either graphically or from spreadsheets.
•Latest revisions of CAN/CSA S16 and S6, AISC ASD and LRFD and Eurocode 3 and 4 standards.
•Singly symmetric, asymmetric and built-up section shapes are covered for all design codes.
•Limit states design of the optimized structure are presented in colors.
STEEL DESIGN FEATURES
• Steel verification includes sections classification, resistance and stability checks according to the applicable code.
• Calculation of the bending, compression, tension, shear and combined resistance of steel elements.
• The program optimizes the section shapes to minimize the weight or the cost of the whole or a part of the structure. This optimization is performed based on the complete or customized list of standard section shapes or any user defined library of standard and parametric sections shapes.
• Geometrical limits can be defined to control the dimensions and properties of the section shapes selected by the optimization engine.
• The optimization engine can check various deflection criterions during the section selection process.
STEEL VERIFICATION & EVALUATION FEATURES
•Steel verification includes sections classification, resistance and stability checks according to the applicable code.
•Calculation of the bending, compression, tension, shear and combined resistance of steel and composite elements based on the results of a linear, P Delta, non-linear, seismic, dynamic or moving load analysis.
•It is possible to consider the analysis of composite beams with the full composite inertia or the effective inertia in positive moment regions or the steel beam inertia in negative moment regions.
•Complete check of deflection according to a comprehensive set of criterions.